Monday 4 April 2022

Additional artillery.

Later this year I will again be helping to stage the Battle of Talavera at my gaming club. This will be the third time we have played this battle and the first time using Shako II as the ruleset.

Having researched the battle quite a bit I have known for some time that the British Royal Artillery battery "Lawson's Company", deployed in the Pajar Redoubt, was equipped with 3lb cannon. Previously unaware of a producer of these in 28mm normal 6lb models have been used.

Earlier this year in a random conversation at the club I became aware that not only were 3lb cannon available in 28mm but that another member had a spare and would I like it?

The model was by Trent Miniatures available through Skytrex

So the obvious answer was yes and an order was placed with the reopened Front Rank for some crew.

While this particular cannon was not the exact same pattern of 3lb that was thought to have been used it was still a 3lb british cannon of the period. All I needed to do now was paint it up.

Time became available when a dose of Covid gave me ten days off work, fortunately being fully vaccinated it was only a mild case.

The cannon model was very nice, only things I did extra was drill out the barrel and add chains.





This time I haven't glued the cannon in place so I can swap in a heavier gun if required for other games.

Tony.

5 comments:

  1. Great job Tony, and especially the little details such as drilling out the barrel and adding the chains. Very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Lawrence, barrels have to be done and as the Victrix plastics even have the chains had to add them to a metal model.

      Delete