Tuesday 31 May 2022

New Toy

 So over the last six months or so my wife and I have become involved in a local D&D group that started up post the COVID lock downs. For my wife this was a return to gaming she had done a lot of in the past. For me, although I had dabbled some 40 years ago, it would be my first time really RPGing.

How does this relate to war gaming? well miniatures. The rise of 3D printing has led to a multitude of figure designers producing miniature designs for 3D printing. Some offer a printing service too, as well as customisation. Now if you intend to get a lot of these printed this can soon get expensive, plus there is the delay in getting your figures.

So with the prices of printers now becoming accessible and my wife's sudden interest in miniatures this seemed a way to go. Of course I haven't looked into any of the more war gaming related 3D printable terrain or figures out there....no not at all :)

Now the fun starts

Elegoo Mars 3 plus wash and cure stations.


4 comments:

  1. It will be interesting to see how you get on with this Tony. It certainly looks like a production line ready to swing into action. I have been very tempted myself, but have been using a printing service for some of Jens Najewitz's terrain pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The production line is the pile of figures for D&D already on our desk awaiting painting :)

      Delete
  2. Cool! I hear it’s a hobby onto itself only a matter of time before all your friends start placing orders with you. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Comments to that end already received :)

      Delete