Tuesday 25 September 2018

15/18mm American Civil War: Update 7, Another infantry brigade and fences.

So a quick update this time. The Union infantry won over the British napoleonic heavy dragoons in the next to get painted competition.

Again these are Blue Moon miniatures and this time there are eight bases, so in Brigade Fire & Fury either 1200 or 1600 men.

A slight change to the colours used this time. For a bit of variety I used Vallejo 965 Prussian Blue for the jackets instead of my usual Dark Prussian Blue, and the blanket rolls were painted in a mix of Vallejo 875 Beige Brown and 990 Light Grey. The varnish, supposedly a satin, went a bit too glossy on these so they will get hit with a matt one once I buy some more.



Additionally I painted up six casualties from Old Glory 15s to act as disorder markers.


Another thing that slowed down the work on these was the manufacture of my first snake fencing. I used matchsticks based on tongue depressors. Slightly oversized for the figures, hence only three rails high. But I think they look OK for a first attempt.





Tony.

4 comments:

  1. I knew in my heart the ACW would win over Naps; it’s only natural. 😀
    Figures look good as well as the fences. Them being slightly over-sized won’t matter on the table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both the troops and the fences are excellent!

    ReplyDelete